St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School had our last Section 5 full Ofsted Inspection in February 2016.
|Effectiveness of leadership and management||Outstanding|
|Quality of teaching, learning and assessment||Good|
|Personal Development, behaviour and welfare||Outstanding|
|Outcomes for pupils||Good|
Comments in the Inspection Report included:
- There is a great deal of high-quality teaching in the school and this has led to outstanding outcomes for a number of pupils
- Pupils make rapid progress in Key Stage 2, particularly in mathematics and writing
- Children settle into Nursery provision well and make rapid progress in the Reception Year.
- The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. They are considerate, kind and polite and behave extremely well both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Pupils are proud of their school and take responsibilities they are given seriously. They are well prepared for secondary school and life in modern Britain
- The Head Teacher, ably supported by the Governors, the Senior Leadership Team and all staff, has created an ambitious culture with high aspirations of staff and pupils.
- Pupils are proud to be members of the school. They wear their uniform with pride, take care with the preparation of their work, look after equipment and respect the building and their surroundings.
- Pupils self-awareness and self confidence are promoted through responsibilities that they are given in school. Older pupils act as ambassadors for literacy, sports, RE and classes of younger pupils. This allows them to take opportunities to support pupils in early years and key stage 1 at playtime, on trips and during productions.
- Disadvantaged pupils make outstanding progress in the school.
- Leadership and Management are outstanding. School Leaders have high aspirations with a proven track record of improving teaching and outcomes for pupils.
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare is outstanding.
Click here for the full Ofsted report:
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.
Section 48 RE Inspection
We are an 'Outstanding' Catholic School in the Section 48 RE Inspection.